Do you love children? Do you have a passion for making a difference in the
lives of the families in our community? We are recruiting enthusiastic and
nurturing individuals, who have an ongoing desire to learn.
We have a set of Core Values we work on daily and live by:
● We believe in working with INTEGRITY.
● We believe in bringing energy, enthusiasm, and fun into every classroom.
● We believe in providing high-quality and consistent experiences.
● We believe in investing in people.
● We believe in educating the whole child (and adult).
We have a tight-knit TEAM of early childhood professionals, and we want YOU to join us, not
only if our Core Values resonate with you, but if you are inspired by EXCELLENCE! We work
together to lift each other and have FUN doing it. Our TEAM participates in FUN, team building
professional development days and we even have a secret sister program that one of our
A strong desire to learn about Montessori philosophy is a must, and guess what? Training is
provided! We LOVE to PROMOTE within our company, so this is a great opportunity to get
experience in a Montessori environment and move up to a Lead position in the future. We even
provide Leadership training and if you are interested in furthering your education, we provide
continual advancement opportunities for driven individuals. Ask us how you can get a FREE
college education simply by working with us.
Salary: Starting at $10/BOE
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time
Start date: After clearances are received (by September 6th)
Montessori Day Academy Hartsville is looking for a motivated Food Specialist who loves
working with kids and has a passion for healthy eating. We are focused on providing a safe,
inspiring, and empowering space for children to explore and learn. Through joy, mindfulness,
and learning we are creating a foundation for a healthy lifestyle through responsible eating
choices from scratch to consumption.
● Execute our core values every day, every class, every student.
● Must be kind, caring, and patient.
● Must have a passion for living a healthy lifestyle.
● Full-time/Part-time: morning and afternoon availability.
● Create home-style, nutritional meal plans according to the USDA guidelines and stay within
● Prepare meals/snacks for children and staff.
● Create the daily menu with Guides to incorporate activities included in their lesson plans
● Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
●Work experience in cooking and/or food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in
a childcare facility
● A High School diploma or equivalent
● Cover shifts if unexpected absences in staffing occur.
● Food Handlers Certificate Preferred but not necessary
● Pediatric First Aid/CPR Certified Preferred but not necessary
● Clear background checks
The Food Specialist is responsible for overall food preparation for the school’s enrolled children.
May be responsible for the oversight of a group of children and be responsible for their health
and safety. Must be adaptable to menu changes and be able to meet meal and snack
schedules. Ensures safe food preparations and proper sanitation methods are used and
maintains a safe kitchen/pantry area