Boys and Girls Club of Hartsville
- Family, Community, & Non-Profit
Opened in 1999 under the corporate umbrella of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Pee Dee Area, the mission of the Hartsville Boys & Girls Club is to inspire and enable all young people ages 6-18 from throughout the greater Hartsville community, especially those who need us most, to become productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
The purpose of the Club is to promote the social, educational, health, leadership, and character development of youth during critical periods of their growth. This is accomplished by
• Providing children with a daily comprehensive youth development program that recognizes and responds to the collective and individual needs of girls and boys;
• Providing parents and children with an affordable, safe, supervised, and guidance-oriented program when it is needed most, every day after school and all day on non-school days;
• Targeting those children in extremely disadvantaged circumstances who are not receiving services from other agencies;
• Offering proven activities and services with life-changing outcomes; and
• Offering a diverse schedule of services in the areas of Education & Career Development; Character & Leadership Development; The Arts; Health & Life Skills; and Sports, and Fitness & Recreation.
Once at the Club, youth are exposed to programs, role models, and skill development to help them become productive, independent adults. The program’s core priority impact areas are Academic Success, Good Character and Healthy Lifestyles.
Whom to Contact
- Lisa Bailey
From 151, head north on 5th Street, turn left onto 6th Street, and the Club will be on your right. From downtown, head south on 5th Street, turn right onto 6th Street, and the Club's on the right.